RC08: Medieval Discoveries During Lockdown 2020
Week One & Two
- Persuasive writing: A review of the word RHETORIC, and the structure of a PERSUASIVE/OPINION text
- Rhetorical Strategies: Over the next few weeks we will be looking at the following rhetorical strategies, and how they are used to persuade. For definitions, and more in-depth looks at each strategy please see the slide presentation "Rhetorical Strategies" at the bottom of the page.
- Cause & Effect
- Contrast & Comparison
- Persuasive texts as protest : Viewing of documentary
- Letters That Make a Difference
- Viewing of Nathan Grossman's documentary "I am Greta" (2020)
Weeks Three & Four
"Letters That Make a Difference"
- Selecting a subject to address
- Brainstorming arguments
- Choosing the best strategies
- Planning your letter (see the document below)