Week One & Two: Letters That Make a Difference
- Persuasive writing: A review of the word RHETORIC, and the structure of a PERSUASIVE/OPINION text
- Rhetorical Strategies: Over the next few weeks we will be looking at the following rhetorical strategies, and how they are used to persuade. For definitions, and more in-depth looks at each strategy please see the slide presentation "Rhetorical Strategies" at the bottom of this page.
- Contrast & Comparison
- Journal 04: My Ideal High School Would.... (in your OneNote notebook)
- Persuasive/Opinion texts as protest : Viewing of documentary
- Letters That Make a Difference
- Viewing of documentary
Weeks Three & Four
Oral comprehension : "If students designed their own schools" (The Independent Project)
"Letters That Make a Difference"
- Selecting a subject to address
- Brainstorming arguments
- Choosing the best strategies
- Planning your letter (see the document below)